With a strong passion to help those maximize their web presence to its full potential, James has over a decade of experience with web development, conversion optimization and deploying successful SEO strategies.
What’s your favorite thing about working at UpBuild?
The never-ending opportunity to learn and grow more in areas that I’ve always wanted to explore and hone. The always on-point support from a wonderful team. All from the comfort of my nearest WiFi connection.
What would you consider your specialty at UpBuild?
Probably performance optimization
What’s your favorite industry (or industries) to work with?
What is your favorite deliverable?
My favorite deliverables are typically ones that analyze the SERP landscape and involve competitor analysis (e.g. Featured Snippet and Long-Tail Keyword Strategy).
What are three fun facts you want the world to know?
1. I almost went on tour with The Spill Canvas. They also spent the night at my house. You might know this song.
2. I have a half-sleeve arm tattoo of Taweret, the Egyptian goddess of protection, birth, and fertility. I also have the numbers from Lost on my forearm in Egyptian numerals.
3. I once met blink-182 on TRL UK. It was the best day. (See below!)
Finally, and most importantly: what’s your favorite GIF?
Written by James McNulty:
- How To Run Split Tests on Outbound Links with Google Tag Manager
- Automating Pagespeed Insights Using Google Sheets [Updated Template]
- How to Automate Pagespeed Insights For Multiple URLs using Google Sheets
- How To Test Structured Data Tags in GTM Preview Mode
- How To Get Your Images in a Featured Snippet
- How To Conduct a Blog Content Audit
- Download “Linked From” URLs using Google Search Console API
- How to Run Lighthouse Reports for Multiple Pages
- Diving Into Entity Search Results
- A GDPR Compliance Guide for the Busiest Builders
- What I Mean When I Say “Write Naturally” To Clients
- OK Google, What Are You Really Saying?
- Level Up Your Experiment Targeting with Google Optimize
- Orphan Pages: How To Find, Fix and Verify
- Using Internal Site Search To Send The Right Signals
- Preparing Your Embedded Content For The Mobile-First Index