Want to join the UpBuild Team?
UpBuild is a framework within which the best technical marketers in the world can execute at a high level, under ideal conditions, for clients they’re proud to partner with. If UpBuild sounds idealistic, it’s because we are and we refuse to back down from the challenge of building the best agency work environment in the world. Our goal is to build and support a team of passionate folks who love what they do, and recruiting the team is just half the battle. We want to support all of our Builders so that they can learn and grow, always do work they’re proud of, and lead a balanced life. That’s how we deliver unparalleled results for our clients.
There are few places I can unabashedly, wholeheartedly, 100% recommend as wonderful places to work. But I’ve seen how UpBuild’s staff feels about their agency — it’s unlike almost any other workplace I’ve seen. Remote-first, truly caring, and delivering superb results (for clients and employees).Rand Fishkin, Author of Lost and Founder, Founder of SparkToro
Interested? Keep reading to see more about our benefits and current openings.
- Senior Marketing Strategist: A senior-level role working directly with UpBuild clients to achieve great results.
- Technical Marketing Strategist: A mid-level (1 — 3 years of experience) role working to support the UpBuild team and grow into a Senior Marketing Strategist.
Benefits & Perks
We believe that we should support our team in all aspects of life, not just professionally. UpBuild’s benefits and perks include:
- Progressive PTO policy & paid holidays — 31+ days off per year.
- Profit sharing & bonus plan.
- Flexible schedule: Office hours are 9 AM to 2:30 PM Pacific, Monday — Friday. Other than that, you’re free to get your work done when it works best for you.
- Remote work: Full control of the office thermostat, choice of music, no commuting. You don’t have to worry about our “return to office” plan because we’ve been fully distributed from day 1.
- Optional 4-day work week after 3 months — use when you need it, or make it your standing schedule.
- Volunteer Time Off: An extra PTO day each quarter to spend volunteering with the nonprofit of your choice.
- 100% paid family leave for all new parents with a ramp-up period upon return.
- Annual Home Office Allowance to help make your personal workspace your ideal place to work.
- Ongoing education & training opportunities (e.g., conferences, classes, tuition reimbursement, etc.).
- 100% Health & Dental/100% for spouses and registered domestic partners.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Monthly co-working allowance to spend on whatever outside-the-house working environment works for you, whether that’s a co-working space or coffee at the local coffee shop.
Our Interview Process
Wondering what you’re in for after you submit your application? We know that looking for a new role can sometimes be ambiguous and downright stressful. We’ll never leave you wondering where you stand – here’s a look at our typical process:
- After you apply, our Leadership Team will review your application and contact you for an initial e-mail screen if it looks like there’s a potential fit (this is a form you’ll fill out that asks you to go into more detail on a few areas than we’d ask for in the initial application).
- If it seems like our expectations are aligned and you’d bring the skill set and perspective we’re looking for, you’ll be set up with a phone interview with our CEO and Director of Client Success.
- Finally, you’d have 2–3 group video calls with the rest of our team. They vote on all of our prospective clients, so it’s only fair that they have a say in who they’ll be working with every day.
After that, we determine who will receive (and hopefully accept!) an offer to be the next Builder.
UpBuild provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, UpBuild complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
UpBuild expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of UpBuild’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.