Want to join the UpBuild Team?
UpBuild is a framework within which the best technical marketers in the world can execute at a high level, under ideal conditions, for clients they’re proud to partner with. If UpBuild sounds idealistic, it’s because we are and we refuse to back down from the challenge of building the best agency work environment in the world. Our goal is to build and support a team of passionate folks who love what they do, and recruiting the team is just half the battle. We want to support all of our Builders so that they can learn and grow, always do work they’re proud of, and lead a balanced life. That’s how we deliver unparalleled results for our clients.
Our commitment to our values isn’t just talk. We practice what we preach, and true transparency is key. UpBuild’s compensation program is available for you to check out before you even click Apply, and you can also get a sense of what your first few weeks would be like by reading about how we onboard new team members. This commitment might just be why UpBuild was given an award for Happiest Company in 2017.
Interested? Keep reading to see more about our benefits and current openings.
Benefits & Perks
We believe that we should support our team in all aspects of life, not just professionally. Here are our benefits & perks:
- Progressive PTO policy & paid holidays (24+ days annually)
- 8+ week family leave policy with plans to increase as we grow
- Ongoing training and education opportunities (conferences, CodeAcademy, tuition reimbursement)
- Quarterly profit sharing & bonus plan
- 100% health and dental coverage (100% for spouses and registered domestic partners)
- $500 annual home office allowance
- 401k with 100% company match (up to 4% of your salary)
- Fully-remote team with no physical office
- Flexible work hours
- A team vote on every prospective client
- Optional four-day workweek program
- Semi-annual team retreats (other than one optional in-person retreat in 2022, no other travel will be required this year)
- Senior Marketing Strategist – Senior-Level – Strategy Team
We’re always looking for great people to join our team. Want us to hit you up when we open a position that might be a fit for you? Please send your cover letter and resume here and we’ll get back to you with any future opportunities.
Our Interview Process
Wondering what you’re in for after you submit your application? We know that looking for a new role can sometimes be ambiguous and downright stressful. We’ll never leave you wondering where you stand – here’s a look at our typical process:
- After you apply, our Leadership Team will review your application and contact you for an initial e-mail screen if it looks like there’s a potential fit (this is a form you’ll fill out that asks you to go into more detail on a few areas than we’d ask for in the initial application).
- If it seems like our expectations are aligned and you’d bring the skill set and perspective we’re looking for, you’ll be set up with a phone interview with our CEO and Director of Client Success.
- Next up is a Slack chat with our CEO, who purposely refrains from actually speaking to candidates. This levels the playing field and allows us to see how you communicate in a fully-remote environment.
- Finally, you’d have 2–3 group video calls with the rest of our team. They vote on all of our prospective clients, so it’s only fair that they have a say in who they’ll be working with every day.
After that, we determine who will receive (and hopefully accept!) an offer to be the next Builder.
UpBuild provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, UpBuild complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
UpBuild expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of UpBuild’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.